Tools & Accessories
Safely handling vats filled with hot solution is a major concern for any optical lab. At Phantom Research Laboratories, we have devised a perfect solution to this potential hazard, the Vat Removal Tool and Drip Tray. The Vat Removal Tool allows you to quickly and safely remove the vat from the dye heating system without the worry of the vat slipping off the tool, or heat transfer fluid dripping on the floor and counters. Once you have tried the Vat Removal Tool w/Drip Tray, you will wonder how you ever got along without it.
- 1. The Vat Removal Tool (Item # T500) is packaged in a 6 x 4.25 x 4.25 in. (15.24 x 10.8 x 10.8 cm) craft box
shipping weight = 1 lb. (0.45kg)
- 2. Drip Tray (Item # T505) is packaged in a 8 x 6 x 4 in. (20.32 x 15.24 x 10.16 cm) craft box.
Shipping weight = 1 lb. (0.45kg)
2. Proceed to slide the Tool under the vat flange along the Tool tracks until the vat makes contact with back of the Tool as in Fig. 2.
3. Tighten the two locking screws to secure the vat in place, as shown in Fig. 3.
5. The Drip Tray attaches to the short side of the vat and once in place, the base of the Drip tray will be parallel to the bottom of the vat, as shown in Fig. 5. The vat is now ready to be safely moved to any desired location.
6. The two locking screws when tightened, will secure the vat in place. This makes it very safe and easy to discard solutions in the vat. Fig. 6.