Lens Tinting Chemicals
OptiSafe ® Heat Transfer Fluid
OptiSafe Heat Transfer Fluid (HTF) is the recommended medium when heating optical solutions, such as lens dyes, UV formulas, and neutralizers. HTF provides uniform heat throughout your dye heating system, ensuring a more stable and uniform temperature in each of your vats. Even temperatures are critical when tinting and UV treating lenses. Lower temperatures can cause unstable dye shades and colors, as well as prolonged solution absorption times.
- 1. Maintains a productive, higher vat temperature for faster tinting, compared with water.
- 2. Even temperature helps maintain more consistent dye colors, better shades, and faster absorption time.
- 3. Does not evaporate. Water evaporates, using more energy and increase utility cost.
- 4. Protects and coats heating elements. Minerals found in water deteriorate heating elements over time.
- 5. Higher HTF temperatures do not cause steam between the vats. Water evaporates, causing hot steam that may scald operators.
- 6. 100% biodegradable and environmentally safe oil blend. Non-hazardous and non-toxic.
- 1 quart (946ml) size bottle (Item#C332)
- 1 gallon (3.784 liters) size bottle (Item#C333)
For Digital Super Tinter use HTF99 supplied in 15 fl. oz. (444ml) bottles, Item # C331